ROUTINE EYE AND VISION APPOINTMENTS STARTING MAY 4REOPENING POLICIES & PROCEDURES TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
Kansas State Wide Facemask Order July 3rd, 2020
We are asking all patients and visitors to our offices to wear facemasks during the duration of their visit. This will help ensure your safety, the safety of other visitors, and our staff.
COVID-19 Reopening Policies & Procedures
At TGR EyeCare, the health and safety of our patients and employees is our number one priority. We have been closely monitoring the updates and recommendations by our local and federal government agencies during the ever-evolving pandemic of COVID-19. The Stay at Home Order from the State of Kansas is being lifted in phases and requires certain health and safety restrictions for reopening businesses. To further protect our patients and employees, we have implemented the following requirements:
- When making an appointment, there will be additional screening questions and requirements to ensure we do not contribute to the spread of the illness. You will receive a “wellness form” via text a few days before your scheduled appointment with required screening questions.
- We are asking ALL patients to reschedule your appointment if you or anyone in your home has any symptoms of COVID-19. Up to date information on COVID-19 can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Upon arrival for an appointment, we will implement a “curbside waiting room.” Patients park, then call the office to let our staff know they have arrived. When a room is available, one of our staff will come get the patient. This will limit the time spent in the office and number of patients in the building.
- Our staff and doctors come in close contact with patients so we will all be wearing face masks. We are requesting that our patients also wear a face mask or covering when in the office.
CLEANING & STERILIZATION
- The surfaces in each room will be cleaned and sanitized after every appointment. We have increased our sterilization frequency of all equipment, surfaces, frames and tools.
- Please wait for the assistance of one of our staff members if you would like to try on a pair of glasses so we can ensure the frames are cleaned before being placed back on the display.
- All patients must maintain 6 feet between each other at all times – even with a face mask on. This does not apply to our staff or doctors.
- We will limit the number of patients in the building with our “curbside waiting room.”
- Our employees’ health and well-being is crucial to us providing the best services in eye health to our customers. We have implemented temperature screenings and asked our employees to stay home if they do not feel well.
- On Monday, May 4th, we are returning to our normally scheduled business hours of operation.
- The community impact of COVID-19 could impact our staffing capability in the future due to additional closures or Stay at Home orders. Please be patient with us in the event we do experience a staffing shortage, as we will do our best to update our patients at that time. Our plan is to have a doctor on call in the event we must shut down regular operations again for an extended period of time as we did during the first Stay at Home order.
- For ocular emergencies any time of day, call our clinic location nearest you.
ANDOVER (316) 927-2200
AUGUSTA (316) 775-6341
VALLEY CENTER (316) 755-0491
If it is after hours or you reach our automated system, please follow the prompts to be routed to our paging service and one of our doctors will return your call.
We will continuously review and update our policies in response to the COVID-19 pandemic to assist in preventing the spread in our community and to keep our patients and employees as safe as possible. We appreciate your continued support and understanding as we reopen to serve our community.
Drs. Todd, Giannetti, and Ralston